Whether you’ve moved to a new city or are just looking for a change, it can be intimidating to choose a new hairdresser. Generally, most people tend to stick with a hairdresser for many years after finding the right person, so information about finding a new hairdresser is limited. Fortunately, there’s no need to worry – here is a step-by-step guide on how to find the perfect stylist for you.
- Do your research: Before you even start searching for a hairdresser, it helps to do some research online. Look for reviews and testimonials from other customers, as well as a list of services offered. Make sure you have an idea of what kind of style you’re looking for and which hairdressers specialise in that type of cut or colour.
These days, the internet is a wonderful resource to find exactly what you’re looking for. So, try out some local beauty forums or social media pages and see what other customers have said about salons in your area. Only once you have an idea of all the services available can you start to narrow down your options and decide which services are and aren’t right for you.
- Consult friends: Ask your friends and family who they go to for their haircuts, and consider their advice. They may have had bad experiences in the past or be currently satisfied with their hairdressers; this can help you to create a shortlist of potential candidates. While you shouldn’t follow their suggestions blindly, this gives you a solid starting point.
- Check qualifications: There are plenty of talented hairdressers out there, but not all have the same qualifications. Check the websites of each salon you’re interested in and inquire about the qualifications of their hairdressers. Make sure they are certified and have had appropriate training to perform the services you’re looking for.
- Ask for references: Once you have narrowed down your list of potential hairdressers, ask for some customer references or check out the reviews online. If a hairdresser has plenty of positive feedback, they are likely to do a good job for you.
- Look for a good fit: When you meet your potential hairdresser, look for a connection and rapport. Make sure that you feel comfortable and that your communication is open; they should be able to understand your needs and give honest advice when it comes to styling, products, and maintenance. Sometimes, when you’re faced with a choice between several hairdressers in Altona Meadows, the one you choose depends on the rapport you build with each.
- Get the details: Ask questions about the services they offer, pricing, availability, scheduling, and payment options. Also, inquire if they use any specific products and if they are up to date with the latest techniques in hair care. Maybe you have a unique style of hair length, colour or texture that requires special attention. Ask how they would handle that and if they have experience with this type of hair.
- Don’t be afraid to move on: After choosing a hairdresser and visiting for the first time, you may decide that it’s not the right fit for you. If so, don’t be afraid to try a different hairdresser in the future. It’s important to find a hairdresser who understands and can meet your specific needs. After choosing one, you’re not then stuck forever – you’re the customer, so it’s your right to go wherever you wish.